ECCP avoids collecting unnecessary personal data and follows “privacy by design” and “data minimization” policies for data processing and retention.
Purpose and Use of Collected Information
The ECCP processes personal data for the sole purposes of its aims, activities and Services, including:
- Registration, invoicing and billing of users of ECCP Services.
- Membership applications and management, including membership fees invoicing.
- Enabling users and ECCP interact and communicate with each other.
- Informing ECCP users and visitors about ECCP related events and activities.
- Improving users experience on our website.
- Authenticating, securing and collecting statistics on remote connections.
How Data Can Be Collected
ECCP can receive information and personal data through its websites, email notifications, and other interactions means, and may include:
- Information you provide about the users when using our Services.
- Information collected automatically and shared by users’ devices for connectivity, such as IP address, etc. Such data may be logged for security and statistical reasons.
- Cookies and similar technologies, whose used is strictly limited and minimized on our website. Detailed information on the cookies we use is available on the Cookies Policy page.
Policy Towards Children
In principle, ECCP Services are not directed to persons under 16 years of age. Any participant to an ECCP Service who is a minor of age shall have a parental agreement before sharing any personal data with us. Anyone who becomes aware that someone under 16 years of age has provided us with personal data without parental agreement should inform us.
Data Storage and Retention Period
ECCP stores its data in Europe. The data retention period is minimized and data that are not useful anymore are deleted. The data retention period is determined by taking into account the legal, security, management and other legitimate Service requirements.
Sharing and Transfer of Information
Personal data are processed with care and strict rules are applied to avoid any unnecessary data transfers to third parties or to geographic locations that may expose the data at risk. We may share personal data in the following cases:
- With Data Processors and Partners for our Services and activities, such as online payment solutions, onsite registration processes, or data storage infrastructure. The list of data processors is available by simple request to the data protection officer.
- When Required by Law or for legitimate purpose, such as: protecting the legal rights and safety of ECCP, its partners, and the users of its Services.
- For Reporting: We usually use aggregated and anonymized data when reporting on our activities and the participants to our events. However, names and affiliations of members of our organs or participants attending ECCP activities may appear in public reports, press releases and through other information means.
ECCP uses physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Please note, however, that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect the information we maintain, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us. If you identify any weakness in our security, please inform us.
Data Subject Rights
Users have rights on their personal data. They can contact our Data Protection Officer in order to assert their rights as a Data Subject, including the right to access, rectify, erase personal data; the right to withdraw consent and to restrict or object to the processing of personal data; and the right to portability of personal data. Data Subjects also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in case their rights would be violated.
Changes to this Policy
Data Protection Officer and Contact
If you have any questions about this policy or your privacy on the Services, you can contact our Data Protection Officer through our contact form.